Wednesday 3 December 2008

Unlikely Style Icons - Parisian Toddler

Dress You Up In My Love from Jak&Jill Blog

Is it wrong for someone (who is close to clocking up a quarter of a century!) to be both jealous and in awe of someone who could still (possibly) wet the bed? This stylish Parisian toddler was caught in all of his perfectly styled, sartorial glory by Tommy and ever since I saw it a couple of days ago I just can't get the image out of my head. I am green with envy because I just adore his jacket and have been on the hunt for something similar for some time. but to no avail. There is simply no way that you would see a child dressed anywhere near as stylish as this little chap anywhere other than Paris. I can assure you that despite my undoubted cuteness I partook in a vast number of social faux pas but that is all part and parcel of growing up for most of us. What do you make of this little chap, are you in awe like me or do you find it a little creepy?

14 comments:

Matthew Spade said...

i saw the little guy on that blog yesterday too, hes one cool chap! his outfit is ace, he even stands cool.

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

Mat Ahoy's spot on, this little dude's got sharp treads and fuck U stance...I'm jealous!!!

dlittlegarden said...

Oh my god, that kid is so cute! I love his sophisticated mix of neutrals and the terrific fit of his pants. Also, it appears from the slightly askew hem of the jacket that this is a 3-button jacket jauntily misbuttoned....

Style Salvage Steve said...

Mat Ahoy and Imelda matt: You are both spot on, he is one cool chap with an indifferent attitude. He is far too intimading for a child.

dlittlegarden: It would have been perfect had this been a three button jacket and he had indeed jauntily misbuttoned but on second viewing I'm pretty sure it is a two button jacket which just needs to pulled down.

TheSundayBest said...

Saw this today too and I'm giving up. Sweet mother of mercy.

Ian Brown said...

Wow. What was his mother wearing? Is he wearing desert boots? And a perfectly tailored wool blazer? Is that a V.I.P. pass in his hand?

valesparza said...

That kid is stunning. I adore his scarf. I am also filled with envy.

Anonymous said...

I featured him on CQ, because he is incredible.
Looking at him fills me with a mix of fear and admiration.

Anonymous said...

Where can I get one of them?? He is amazing!

EJ said...

Creeeeeepy. So much so that I can't wait until the picture slips into the archives. But I definitely seem to be in the minority here!

Terence Sambo said...

He's one dapper dude....as the day shows the morning so the child shows the man...look out for that boy :o)

Anonymous said...

arrrgh! that's so effin cute!! but he'll probably grow up to be a bit of a snob. all my fave style icons developed an individual style because they never fit in or cared about what they wore growing up

Anonymous said...

he's cool....for some reasont the film Bugsy Malone came to mind.

Anonymous said...

I thought maybe it was a two button jacket designed to look as if it had been misbuttoned. now would that be haute or what?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails