Wednesday 31 December 2008

Trousers sandwiched by the seasons

My current favourite in-between look

Through a combination of the somewhat confused and unpredictable weather over the last few weeks and the influx of Spring/Summer 09 editorials and look books (with a few sale purchases thrown in to spice things up a little bit), there seems to be a confrontation between what I should wear and indeed what I want to wear (which at times becomes more than a mere scuffle in my mind and wardrobe)...The bedroom is often transformed in to a well fingered H&M display, much to the annoyance of Susie...

Today it was the turn of my Unconditional Wrap trousers to take the sartorial punches and accessorising hair pulling...


In the winter corner we have a pile of knits, including a bargain of a Uniqlo jumper, the recently acquired huge cowl by Yokoo, shiny Lanvin boots and black M&S leather gloves which were of course a Christmas present...


In the Spring corner we have white sheer shirt by Handmade in England, navy blue cardigan jacket from COS (a sale buy) and white Chukka Boots by Vans.

Am I suffering these somewhat schizophrenic attire choices alone or are you feeling as confused as I am?

11 comments:

Giancinephile said...

It might be the weather's fault! haha

Candidly Chris said...

Those trousers are awesome. Simply Stunning.

Emma Homestay Bandar Tasik Puteri said...

In my case the weather is sooo freezing cold but I'm dying to wear spring outfits!

Matthew Spade said...

im well liking the first outfit, though they are all gooood. the oversized scarf is what we need in this weather, the high in blackpool yesterday was -2! and it snowed for about 2 hours, so its layers layers layers right now.

im still looking for some new cardigans, im thinking maybe in the gap sale.

SOS! said...

the knitted cowl looks amazing..
xx-LJ from SOS!

Anonymous said...

the 2nd look is my favorite. argh i need a wrap trouser in my closet!! haha.

happy new year, steve!

Style Salvage Steve said...

giancinephile - The weather and my impatient mind..although the temp has dropped significantly in recent days so the cowl is being put to good use.
emerald dandy - They are the most comforable trousers I own and they look like nothing else. They are my favourite sale buy ever!
naboonies - Tehe, just dress up and stay indoors...that's what I've been doing recently.
may ahoy - The cold weather has been most strange given the mild winter we've had thus far. I recommend an oversized cowl, they make me sooo warm.
SOS - Thanks LJ
Wax - I think I agree with you. This Spring I am going to ensure that I always have a flower as an accessory.

chael said...

the first picture makes me really happy, what an awesome scarf and shoes

Sarah said...

Is the cowl a Mobius loop scarf? I knit one for my Mom this Xmas and have been thinking they'd look good on men, too. Don't know if I can convince my husband and male friends of that, though.

Ca said...

Not schizophrenic, just dressing for the different occasions. Great pants (or trousers for you Brits, hah), I wish I was taller to pull of those...

Me said...

i like u in first pic.....
perfect combination and scraft....!! love it
so envy cause i want to wear something look like fall but my country never cold Lol.....
envy!! i will wear it in NYC hope there will cold...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails