Thursday 22 May 2008

Sevigny's opening ceremony for both boys and girls


“Not only did I want to do something for the guys in my life, but a lot of my girlfriends prefer to wear men’s stuff,” Sevigny told style file, “I think what they like about men’s clothes is the fit. So I don’t want to change that. It’ll be a new challenge.“


So the news is that Chloe Sevigny is designing a menswear line with women in mind for Opening Ceremony. Most interestingly the girl versions will not have different tailoring, they will just come in smaller sizes. I am intrigued and a little scared by this idea. I'm a fan of Sevigny's but I wasn't impressed with her previous effort for Opening Ceremony but she might have a better eye for menswear (I must admit that I'm far from convinced - I predict punk t shirts, washed out denim and some flannel)...If she does come up with the goods though we might be seeing a few more couples dressing alike and that is no bad thing.
What do you make of this? Do any of you care?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've been really into punk tshirts and flannel lately
so, uhh, sweet i guess

Thomas said...

Not impressed at all by her efforts so far. I think this is an odd move by the usually reliable OC.

Style Salvage Steve said...

I've always been a little underwhelmed by OC. I always expect great things but they never quite deliver....

Anonymous said...

hmmm... I actually find this one quite scary. I'm just not too keen on seeing Sevigny do a menswear line. And, I doubt she could pull antics of a woman rethinking a man's wardrobe in the same breadth as Ute Ploier.

I'm keeping raised eyebrows on Sevigny most definitely.

..... said...

good news

j said...

Somehow this came to mind:
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/47189

Anonymous said...

J - ha!

Kira Aderne said...

she is gorgeous!!

a kiss!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails